thank you for your interest in
the tiny journal!
please send all application materials to:
*due to budgetary constraints we are currently unable to pay our staff*
prose and poetry readers
responsibilities of prose and poetry readers:
- read through assigned prose submissions carefully, noting if there are any minor changes (grammar mistakes, etc.) that need to be made prior to publication
- in a two to three sentence explanation, tell prose or poetry editor why submission should be accepted or rejected
- a love of reading and writing
- knowledge of grammatical rules and elements
if interested, please send the following to email@example.com:
- your first and last name
- which position(s) you are applying for
- a paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good fit for the position, including a summary of any writing accomplishments like publications, acceptance to summer programs, competitions, etc.
- a short writing sample (1-2 pages) (the writing sample can be a work of fiction, poetry, nonfiction, essay, memoir, journalism article--whatever is your best work)